Although Paul’s is open year round, Spring is when we really shine.  Paul’s carries the largest variety of annuals, perennials, trees and shrubs in the area.

We sell a great variety of old fashioned favorites in cell packs like Marigolds, Impatiens, Petunias,  Begonias and Salvia, just to name a few. As well as many harder to find annuals like Cleome, Cosmos, Zinnias, Morning Glories, Nasturtiums, and Portulaca.

Our selection of vegetable plants is just as impressive, with numerous varieties of Tomatoes, Peppers, Squash, Cucumbers and everything else you may want to grow in your garden.

We also carry unusual things for your Vegetable garden like Asparagus Roots, Seed Potatoes, Onion Sets, Rhubarb and Horseradish.

We sell a huge variety of specialty annuals from the Proven Winners line of Quality Plants.  These plants include the very popular Bacopa, Supertunias, Sweet Potato Vine, Osteospermum,  Diascia, Million Bells and to many more to mention.  These annuals all work well together in mixed combination planters or by themselves in hangers, or patio pots.

We have grown mixed combination hanging moss baskets with the Proven Winners line for many years and it has become quite a specialty for us.  We have people come from miles and miles away just to purchase one of our combos.  They bloom all summer long with little more than a little fertilizer and some water!

We grow the majority of the perennials that we sell here at Paul’s.  We use only good quality soil and mature bare-root stock or plugs to ensure a healthy strong plant that will survive many years in your garden.  We grow our perennials in quart, half gallon, gallon and even 2 gallon size containers and we acclimate them to the colder temperatures that spring in Connecticut can sometimes dish out.

More than 80% of our shrubs and trees come from local wholesale nurseries that we have been buying from for over 25 years.  The other 20% we buy in bare-root, arriving in January, and we pot them up, using our quality soil and grow them on until they are ready for sale.

All of our Trees and Shrubs (with the exception of Azaleas, Roses and Butterfly Bushes) carry a 1 year Guarantee.  Stop in for details.